Walking Zombies

I know I’m not suicidal. I would never hurt myself nor even thought of ending my life. But I’m just exhausted about life.

Even when I get a full eight hours of sleep, I still wake up feeling like I’ve been hit by a truck. I can barely get through the morning. I don’t want to die, but I barely eat because I’m just not hungry. I have no desire to take my own life, but I can burn myself while I dispense the water from the kettle. I’m not careful when I cross the street because my mind sometimes just wanders a little off track.

When I take shower, I like it when the heater burns my skin until it grows raw. I barely talk to my friends anymore, and when I do, I’m not as lively as I’d like to be. All the conversations feel empty and when I head home, I just feel even number. I don’t want to commit suicide, but I have no interest in what once gave me joy. I basically have to force myself to do my favourite hobby or anything that I used to love for that matter.

Listening music isn’t exciting, and I can’t keep up with shows on Astro and even thinking about going to the movies fills me with dread. Living has become a chore, I barely wash my hair and I never dress up anymore. I wonder if this is just as serious as dying.