I like being alone, I don' like being alone too

I like being alone. The quiet comforts me. I would always prefer a quiet room than a rumbling crowd. I rather spend my day in an empty coffee shop seeing people walk pass than spending my time hanging out with my friends even though they might be  just one call away. I am not a social person. Even though I have no trouble in conversations, I felt my energy drained out really fast when I am with someone. I don’t like faking smiles and acting on.

I like my own company, after all, I cannot stand most people. They only brought disappointment and stress to my life. They make my days worse instead of better. I gave up my hope on dealing with people. I consider myself independent, I can take care of myself, I can reach success without a hand to guide me, I don’t need to rely on anyone else to bring me happiness.  I learned to find my own happiness, alone.

But there are some days that I hate being alone. My thoughts will haunt me so much that I think I might possibly die alone fifty years down the road. I hate having a million things to say but no one to listen to them. I hate being cooped up in my house all day long because no one is around to convince me to go out. I hate how infrequent my friends and I reach out for conversations. I hate the small amount of notifications that fill my phone. I hate feeling like there is not a soul in this world who considers me a priority.

I dislike the feeling like every single day is on a repeat event from yesterday, last week and/or last month because my schedule never changes. No one invites me out, set plans with me or wants me around. Most of the time, I feel like I don’t have anyone at all – and I’m not sure how to change that for the better. Even though there are days that I lock myself away to avoid human interaction, there are most days I wish I could go back to the time where we will stay up all night talking and run for McDonald’s breakfast before noon and re-do all the crazy things we did before we parted different way.

I have a love-hate relationship with the moments I had alone. Sometimes it saves me, but most of the time, it suffocates me.