Don’t Settle For Someone Like Me

I wouldn’t deny I’m the toxic one when it comes to relationship. Because of course, who would walk into a relationship when the heart is no longer capable to love. I like to think I’m better than that, that I could feel more than that, but after all these years of trying I think I might have accidentally hurt too many guys with my broken pieces.

I want to admit that I’ve such strong feelings for a person, and that I accepted this relationship because we felt the exact same way. My conscious mind understands that if I don’t love at all, I wouldn’t be dating. Yet the truth is, at the end of the day, my mind still decide that we like it alone, that we still want to walk this journey alone, to move across the country alone.

I tell myself that I’m just temporary, that I don’t want anyone to invest all his emotions on me. I don’t need anyone to love me during my hard times, I don’t know how to react to that. I am so used to handling all the emotions myself that having someone there makes me feel unusual, makes me feel uncomfortable.

So please don’t settle for me, don’t settle for someone like me who is incapable to love anymore. You deserve a love that cherishes you, who recognizes how lucky they are to have you in their life and aren’t willing to let you go without giving it all they have. You deserve more, and not someone who cannot love whole-heartedly.