Why I Never Dated Guys from the 90s

All these years I have never dated guys from the 90s even though I am one myself. I never really knew why all my swipes never come across a single one of them until recently. When I started dating guys who are in their 30s, there’s less of a guessing game, and everyone is more confident or mature. There’s less drama, people are happier, more financially stable and there’s really no hanging in the middle.

Until recently, I thought I found someone who I can at least click on the level of thinking. All these years I find myself unable to get on the same channel with my dates when it comes to discussing about career or life or even travel. Most people only want to travel because they want to look forward for the holidays, so that they don’t have to go to work. But I travel so that I could open my horizon and hopefully find an inspiration to my career. There’s a difference. I want to travel the world in business class, not be a budget traveler.

I’m not a spontaneous, go-with-the-flow person, so I can’t date someone who doesn’t have a life’s goal themselves. I hate the double-texts, the can I see you in your office when I’m on leave, those small talks. We’re a grown adult but our path are marks differently. Then I met you, I was guarded as usual, but the laughter we shared was loud, those conversation flow so effortlessly.

You kissed me. And I never hear from you since. I guess it reminds me why I never dated guys from the 90s, because even as we age, they will never be as mature as they should be. They will always going to be guessing game long before we even started dating.