Distance is My New Answer

I am starting to wonder if choosing someone I love more than he loves me is the right choice. That even I fell hard from the very beginning, you were someone toxic to begin with. You disrespect me in more ways than I could count, that you were wrong for me, but I still decide to pour my heart in just so that I know I could feel something than to go numb. I spend so much time convincing myself to give you one more chance, yet another chance. I spend the nights fighting against fate to give myself a chance to love right.

I tried so hard to hint my feel. I tried so hard to express them thoroughly. I tried so hard to be someone you could at least love and respect. I spend the time turning a blind eye to how destructive you were to me. I wanted you to be the one at the end of the day that I have continuously ignored the warning voice in my head telling me what a bad idea you were. Even when we were together, our inevitable end seemed to be dawning near with each passing day.

I cannot keep voicing out on the basic respect of human being. I don’t know how many more dates I can withstand, because with you I became another version of myself that focuses on the bad. I tried to focus on your good, I was too absorbed in the idea of us but I am also a woman who knows my worth. I am a woman who would not tolerate man who disrespect woman in any way. I may be greatly in love with you, but I learned the hard way that loving myself is more important than being in a relationship that takes away that.