Lock Love

One day, my brother asked me once, “You don’t mind if your boyfriend doesn’t come once a week right”. Well, I did not answer with a yes or no; rather I say If he cannot make an effort to spend time with each other, don’t blame the one who is willing to”. I have stood in the middle of someone’s else love story before and even though I knew it was morally wrong, I didn’t understand why I crave for that no-string attached relationship back then. Maybe I was young and wanted no attachment. Or I wanted to be that carefree girl who is cool and experience different things.

It isn’t that there are no nice single guys in the picture, I just wasn’t built to be in a relationship back then. And because I knew it was morally wrong to go on dates with unavailable people, I kept myself at a safe distance to develop feelings further. Until lately, I’m starting to think from a cheater perspective. Why do couples cheat after being in a committed relationship. One thing for sure is cheating doesn’t happen in happy relationships. And it has nothing to do with looks, sex, or anything in between.

It’s when the relationship starts being taken for granted, it’s when everything goes with, I thought you knew. It’s when priority change, it’s when your partner starts to feel unappreciated, unheard, uncared for. It’s when you start focusing on the bad. It’s when you’re unhappy in relationships. It’s when you no longer look forward for dates, the kisses, the touch. Everything about it just makes the body tremble. Because your body knows you deserve better, your body craves the touch of someone who genuinely care, who genuinely wants all of you and not just out of convenience.

And just because you’re the last person that lights the fire doesn’t make you the cheater. Because for anything it should be named after, it should be anything but cheater. I hope we are all genuinely happy whether we’re single and/or in a relationship.