Let Love Flow

Oh my dear soulmate, like you, I've been a fighter my whole life. I fought with boys as a kid. I fought for my voice to be heard. I fought after my dreams. I fought the hard battles and the silent battles only entrepreneurs will understand. But love, oh love, it has always been something new to me, it's not a fight, it's not a race, it's felt in every quiet place. So here I stand, a fighter still, but my dear soulmate, I've learned, love can't be skill. It's a gift that only hearts can bear. 

You've battled winds and tides so fierce, 
Worn the scars of countless years.
A fighter's heart, unbowed, unbent,
Against the storm, your will was spent.

But love, it whispers, soft and low,
A river's calm, a gentle flow.
It asks no war, no clash, no fight,
Just open arms to morning light.

Lay down your shield, release the past,
Let love in, its truth will last.
For even warriors must concede,
To love's embrace, its quiet need.

You’ve been a fighter all your days,
But love’s not won in warlike ways.
Let love flow through your veins like air,
And find the peace that's always there.