Loving Me is Easy

 

My dear soulmate, I need you to be slightly realistic. I want you to see the real me, not the version you’ve made up inside of your head. I want you to discover me without assuming me from the surface. If you think I’m mysterious, then I want you to get to know me better before you decide whether I’m the person you want to get in bed with. I want you to see beyond the surface of who I am, what my life’s value are, do we share the same fears and dreams.

I want you to see the vulnerable side of me, the parts of me that I don’t share to the world. I want you to wait until the days when I annoy the hell out of you but you still come and cuddle me in the bed. I want you to know that I’m easy to love but I’m not easy at the same time. I want us to continue to put in the effort when things get hard. I want us to put our entire heart into our relationship, to find courage to open up our hearts to our deepest, darkest, secrets.

I want the space between togetherness and independence. I want us to understand the need for being supportive and encouraging, the everyday trust to keep our love strong. There are going to be days when I feel like withdrawing from the world, but I also wish you could sit silently with me because those days when I can’t love myself are the days, I needed you most.