I will always say I’m okay (even if I’m not)

When you asked me if I wanted to hang out always, I am somehow always occupied with things; whether it’s work or driving my mum around. Yes, they were partially true, but deep down it was because I was battling within myself to gather my energy to do things. I can’t remember the last time my depression and anxiety weren’t dictating what I was able to do and when. My depression tells me that I’m worthless and that I can’t do anything right.

“I’m just tired”, those words has been used after and again every week because I don’t want to talk about this. I don’t even understand myself, and nobody goes around walking with depression telling the world they’re sad. Depression isn’t just feeling sad. For a large number of people, myself included, it has become a way of life. Before I even manage to get myself out of bed, I’ve already thought up different things that could and probably will go wrong that day.

But I’ve to hide it in me, because I don’t want sympathy. I do not want people to feel sorry for me; I do not want to spread the virus around because I know how darkness is. Just like Robin Williams said, “I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that”.