My Heart Was Broken More Times Than I Can Count

It’s common for us to have three loves in our lives. It’s like a rule. We have a first love, the sad one, and the real one. And the last one needs to last forever. Lie!  

In my life, it’s like this, the first one, the sad one, sad again and again and again. True love seems unimaginable to me. Sometimes I ask myself if there’s something wrong with my life. Probably this life of mine doesn’t deserve love, doesn’t deserve to have someone close to my life. Yes, I know that we do not need a partner to be a complete person, or to be happy. But I’m tired of healing my heart after and again, and I’m tired of going to dates only to know that it’s the wrong person.

My heart was broken more times than I can count by now, I have the right to have the walls build up; because I am worried of another betrayal. They say having a broken relationship helps you build yourself, yet after all that pain, I hardly found myself. I do not know if this heart would ever feel again, but I know they’re all numb right now.