Hello, I’m not a Graduate

I live in the 21st century. You’re supposed to go to college and then pursue yourself with a degree; you’re not supposed to stop them half way. So I didn’t do well, I didn’t do well in my studies and socializing, so it doesn’t interest me to continue my journey from there. So, here’s what I learned from failing.

Failing is important. You’ll probably be really scared of failure until you’ve actually failed at something. My family doesn’t think I did this right, neither does society. And I think I did it wrong too, but I’m still here surprisingly, still alive too. Even though I don’t have a job that I love, but I have more job offers than I want and surprisingly, I am one of the few wanted people in this industry, specialized indeed. I gave up studies after college but I didn’t give up learning, the journey is tougher than the ordinary ones, but it brought me to a place that no one could reach. Along the journey, I had disappointment, stress and depression, I failed harder than I thought, but this is what hard failure looks like. So I can do more things that I’m not sure will succeed, because I managed to survived through them all.

Listen and Consider. Usually whenever someone finds out that I did not further my studies after college, they have a solution for me faster than they can hear the reason: go back. And even if they hear, they have a solution before they understand: go back. And even if they understand, they have a solution before they’ve considered their position to this new understanding: go back. I’ve learned that people don’t listen and they don’t understand and they don’t consider a different world. I don’t want to be like that. So I’ve learned to try to listen and understand and consider. I’ve learned that if someone says there’s a problem, it’s possible that they’re right, even if that challenges established traditions; after all, the world is not perfect, so something has to be wrong with it.

College is useful. More than any other previous experience, while in college, I learned that all the theory that were being blabbered are actually useful when I look back on the notes one day. College actually let you understands things in advance, however since it’s not experience it’s taken lightly into the heart. Like I said, I could’ve learned this outside of college, and some people don’t even learn this inside of college, but that’s where I learned it. Learning that you have this ability is revolutionary. I’m not invincible, because I can fail. But I do have an ability that is truly powerful; probably my survival mode is stronger too.

College has to change. If you look at nations, it’s clear that stable, free states require an educated population. And if you want an economy that can support more than just vast poverty, education is required. In fact, as time goes on, just for the billions of people to survive, there needs to be a lot of people with significant post-secondary education who know about water, food, energy and disease. This is why Australia provides free education all the way for it’s’ people. But supply of this education is growing a lot slower than its demand and the cost of this education is growing a lot faster than people’s ability to pay for it. And technologies (like computers and the Internet) which institutions of higher education helped create, which transformed the world, haven’t yet transformed the institutions. So post-secondary education has to change. Because the world needs it to.