How to Determine if You’re Becoming an Old Person

I never really have friends around my own age, they are either 3 to 5 years younger than me, or 8 to 20 years older than me. Yes, I’ve a whole load of friends who are in their forties or fifties than the one younger than me. I hardly have friends who are at their twenties, if you’re one of them, you’re the few rare lucky ones. Probably because of these reason, I always feel like I’m having my mid-life crisis than my quarter-life crisis. Here's why I was shout after old. 

1. I refuse to do anything that starts after 10 PM
I usually turn down any plans that begin after 9, but I’m also really lazy, not just old. Once I tag along the security card by the guard house after work, you’ll need more than Tom Cruise to date me out of the house, this is why my friends usually catch me while I’m on my drive back home. Don’t be over-joy if you catch me either, because the latest hangout I go is usually by 10 –ish. If I attend functions, I’ll be declaring to the world that I’m leaving since 11 PM, and if you’re lucky enough, I would probably leave by 12 AM. That’s the maximum limit I’ll go, which explains how I get my nickname, Cinderella so often.

2. Not being able to sleep in over the weekend.
You get really overjoy that it’s finally Friday, you can finally sleep in till noon over the weekend like you used to. But as you realized the sunrise, you just couldn’t sleep in anymore and that could probably be not any later than 9 AM. Plus, you’ve the sudden idea of being productive over the weekend, could probably be getting the groceries, morning run or tidying the house! What’s worse is you need those nap later in the afternoon!

3. I can’t (or don’t want to) drink anymore.
This is probably highly confidential talent that I’m a really good drinker. Liquour, beer, wine doesn’t knock me off easily, at least to my friends and family, which also explains that I’m way younger than they do, so I’ve higher metabolism. Let’s just say, metabolism is now processing to the same level as my friends are right now.

4. I can’t junk the way anymore.
McDonalds, Pizzas, Ice-cream, Snack foods, Instant Noodle, you name it, I’ve gobble all of them over one meal. But the food hangover is so bad the next morning that I’ve decided it’s not worth it. My arteries are probably really happy about this development.

5. No more ‘ding ding’ food (microwave).
I can cook all along, however, like mentioned, laziness is more of the main reason. But, as you age, you felt like you should eat more healthier, more fruits, more vegetables and less MSG. You basically hate the instant noodle if you start having them for two meals over a week. You know you want something healthier, tastier than the instant food.

6. I really, really hate the noise and dance on a whether or not overcrowded club.
Peace has been in my blood since my childhood, totally disagree to hit songs, loud music, rap, dance, let’s just move back into the cave shall we.

7. Saving / Spending no longer goes at tens.
During my elementary school, saving 1 dollar a day is alot, because I only have 1 dollar to school to use that vending machine. I can either spend that 1 dollar in exchange of a 50 cents Milo or save all of them. After a school term, you are happy you’ve 30 dollar of saving. But as soon as you realized you’ll have to get ready a red packet of 200 dollar for your friend’s wedding, or a baby shower. Most of the time, your income will go into unaffordable loan payments and etc. But that’s how usually life goes.

8. I know I’m old, and ok with it.
Getting older is nothing to be ashamed of. It happens to everyone. I remember posting an image of myself carrying my two nieces with three years apart, someone commented that they look alike, but I don’t look as good as before. I’m sorry, but they are call ‘growing up’, I’m now part of ‘growing old’. In fact, this pretty much happens whether you want it or not, so I might as well embrace it. Even though it’s hard to date me out after certain of time, I still hangout with friends, but to be honest I still prefer to cuddle in the couch for a great movie or paint a few masterpiece over the weekend.