Introverted

I am the type of person that feel exhausted after spending time with a lot of people, and at times, I claim that "people makes me depress", "the city makes me depress". Everyday, when it comes to the night, I need to retreat to a quiet place in my mind, otherwise even when I have 8 hours of sleep, I would still feel the sleepiness in my head throughout the day. Then again, this doesn't mean that I avoid attending social event; I sometimes enjoy spending time around others, but quite selective though. With some of the characteristics that I face, I always thought I was going through depression, until lately, I realize I'm actually just an "introvert" and has little to do with being depress.

1. I'm a quiet person. 
This is not true. As an Introvert, I talk because there's something to say. And since I'm an introvert, there should be less activities going around my life, which makes it less things to talk about. You wouldn't want me to start describing the excitement when I mix the poster color of blue and yellow in one brush right? But wait, if you start talking to me about work, marketing, and stuffs, you will realize I'm a great person to converse with. I ever talk to a person for 6 hours who I met for the first time. Then again, you've got to be the conversation starter.

2. I am shy. 
Am I shy? Let's just assume I am, but shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert. Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people, I ever talk on stage to 500 people introducing my company product. I just need a reason to interact, one friend ever told me that they "3 women equals to a market", we just need both of us. We just talk, and we don't even worry about being polite.

3. We are rude. 
This is the result of being real. I don't like beating around the bush with social pleasantries. If I don't like you, I don't hangout with you. Why can't the world just be a little simpler, with everyone to be just real and honest. While, this is also one of the reason that I find myself being exhausted when I had to fit in to social activities, you've to wear that smile wherever you go.

4. I thought people make me depress.
It's quite true that people make me depress sometimes, but still I value the friendship I have. I may have a few close friends in hand, and I am especially grateful for friends who call up once in a while to see how you're doing, or drop by for lunch with you. It's like knowing that you're still a friend worth keeping. Seriously, no one would want to maintain a friendship if they don't like you. So, you should consider yourself a lucky person if I claims you as my friend. I'm lucky to be yours too.

5. Crowded places ain't my type. 
Which is somewhat true, but I still go to public places. I just don't like to go out in public for too long. I always avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. Which is why I understands things quite fast, you don't really have to explain much to me, just leave the thinking to myself. The faster we leave the crowd, the better.

6. I like being alone.
I'm always perfectly comfortable with my own thoughts, if I ever just sit by myself, is easily that 2 hours just pass without my notice. If I ever start with the brushes, you won't be spotting me walking around for at least 5 hours. But when I'm awaken for being alone, I will start feeling incredibly lonely that no one in this place understands my thought. Is quite a contradiction here.

7. I'm weird.
My siblings ever got pissed by me saying "Can you do something a normal youth will do?". I'm sorry guys, I'm not a crowd person, I don't go with the crowd or the latest hits. I'm always out of the norm, this is why I can do so many things at a younger age even though I didn't complete a degree. Which normal kid would change its school 5 times throughout its childhood, and not with the means of moving across the countryside. If you ever have a chance to converse me, you'll get piss by my thoughts.

8. Fun is not in my blood. 
Again, the way you describe fun isn't the way I thought it's. Especially not in busy public places, or not thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies. I would just hide myself if there's too much talking and noise going on, my friends ever had a mini heart attack when they brought me to the SkyBar one Friday night, where I escape to the coffee bar downstairs when they were dancing their head off on the dance floor. My mind just tend to shut down if there's too much noise. But if you ever bring me to the beach or nature, you can spend as much time as you want and I wouldn't say a single word.

So this is pretty much the characteristics of an "Introvert", and not necessarily being depress. Even though some of it are similar, like disliking people in general and/or acting differently from the crowd, introvert is still a characteristics we need to accept. Plus, if it's you, enjoy it, you don't have to be something you're not. Remember, as long as you're happy, be yourself!