Dreams (or Reality)

Does anyone get lost in their own head to the point where they have trouble caring about reality? 

I've been living in an imaginary world ever since I started college. I've such perfect lifestyle there, with my own family, I've had 6 kids, staying in a cottage faraway where there are four seasons throughout the year, I practically moved my life into that fantasy world that my everyday life is just zombified. I'm just going on auto-pilot each day, go to class on this specific time, at this venue, then go home, I often miss out on classes if there's any changes in time-table or venue. Even until now, I still wish I could go live in that fantasy world of mine, is so perfect that everyone should live in there.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN LOVE WHEN YOU CAN'T FALL ASLEEP BECAUSE REALITY IS FINALLY BETTER THAN YOUR DREAMS. 

One day, I met this boy, he woke me up from my dreams but it wasn't long that he walked away, as I ran hiding away into my imaginary world. I cried and cried in there and told him I never want to get out to the real world anymore. His shoulder was there to calm me always, and when I'm upset he takes me for a short holiday, and I kept myself intoxicate in the imaginary world for two years till I got knock on my head telling me to find my fantasy outside this world.

Once again, I open up my heart and step out to the real world, and I met another guy. He's unlike any guy, he has come to change all the perspective I had for a guy, how honor I was to know him. I took him along and enter into my fantasy, where I stay intoxicate with the idea of being in love for another year until I realize I've been staying in my own world throughout all these years that my life did not progress a single bit. I was on the social media and I saw my friends who are single are now attached, if they are attached, they got married, and for the married ones, they have newborn.

I took the effort to stop looking back, and even though how empty when there's nothing to hold on in my heart, I never looked back. I find myself occupied into things, I find back an old hobby, I go out for movies with real friends, I go out on real dates with real guys, I put my head into work, I find real activities to get myself occupied ensuring I don't step into my own world. Then I realize how I actually still love an old hobby. And things in reality can let you get lost in your own fantasy too.

Sometimes, life can really take us places and sometimes get so busy we forget to actually live it. Have you ever asked yourself when was the last time you actually took a break from everything and actually did something for yourself?