SG50

If you're a Singaporean, you probably have heard of this saying "Singaporean only come together to celebrate on 9 Aug and complain the other 364 days of the year". That's probably very true, complains flow in the blood of Singaporean, and that's probably what makes Singapore such an efficient place. So this year could probably be no different, because if the general atmosphere and unrelenting flood of SG50-related events, decor and social media hasn't said it enough, I'm going to say it again, Singapore has just turned 50 two days ago. (My dad turned 50 1 day ago, haha!)

However, every year there's at least one group of people for whom National Day will represent more than just a day off work, gathered in the parade to performed the celebration for each and every nation to what make us proud to be called ourself a Singaporean. All citizens around the world, cause we can see them LIVE through the internet, joined in the pledge, sang the National Anthem and enjoyed one of the most famous Singapore National Day Parade Theme Song, performed by Kit Chan, Home. Indeed, Singapore is our Home.

As my family and I watch the parade through the internet, I know nothing about it. I don't know who's the President, I don't know who's the Guy sitting beside the Prime Minister, I don't know who're the people that march through the parade representing, I don't know many many things, yet I called myself a Singaporean. Yet, I get excited over the National Day Parade, yet I want to witness this special milestone Singapore has come to because I know for every time I step into this place, I felt a strong sense of belonging, and I know I can always call Singapore, my home.

Singapore, you'll always be the memory I don't remember, but I still love you nonetheless. Happy Jubilee Singapore! You make me proud to where I come from for any part of the world I stand. #SG50 I'm looking forward to celebrate the many many milestone ahead!