Singapore


I’ve no idea why Singaporean go against the current government so badly, I know “Singaporean” is an unfair word to use as it does not necessarily describe everyone, just the group of people that I know in general. Back to the topic, I can’t understand why Singaporean make a big deal for every single content; say the latest one I’ve seen, “NS Men to help out in MRT”, I’ve seen so many ugly comments on that single post itself.

Why make a big deal, it isn’t that the NS Men are not being paid, whether they like it or not, they’ve to complete that 2 Years of service. You do not want them to be like my brother who wasted 2 Years sitting in the camp doing nothing. He told me he regretted not taking the responsibility that time and wasted 2 years of his life.

Anyway, it was my aunt that send this article to me, she send it to me earlier, but I did not open it as I’m always not interested with her dissatisfaction over the Singapore government. She has been going around brain-washing all my relatives about how we shouldn’t vote for PAP, the current ruling party of Singapore. I sometimes want to shout in her face throwing all my thoughts on her but we all know how hopeless to talk to “a frog in the well”, and my parents would probably get a bad name saying how much I disrespect on the elderly.

She could probably be the only Singaporean that doesn’t go excited over SG50. I got excited over National Day Parade this year for the first time in my life even though I live 300 kilometers away, and I want to feel the atmosphere, the spirit and this special milestone that Singapore have come. But guess what, when I share with her a picture that my family and I wefie in front of the TV, she said she did not watch the NDP2015, and one of the core reason was “I’m not interested”.

Again, why isn’t Singaporean appreciative, because they couldn’t get their CPF or because the medical fees are too high, and/or probably because the Singapore government has imported too many Chinese from the mainland? I ever heard one of my relative commenting on the current ruling party saying “They can do better”.
How much more are they expecting them “to do better”, I don’t understand, and it isn’t that each implementation to a new content is not explained? We know that the imported Chinese is because local Singaporean are not giving birth and to continue to boost the economy growth, Singapore needs more population despite on how small it’s being build up. We all know that the government controls of CPF because if he does not ensure you spend your money wisely, he would have to pay for your debt.

Therefore, each time my aunt tries to raise a topic about the Singapore government, I would make sure she tell me the both sides of the story and not the part that she dislike. She usually just disappear when she know how impossible it's to brainwash her niece. Singaporean, I don’t know what else are you asking for? Is it because you’re so used to “complaining makes them efficient”, that you forgot what’s it like to appreciate what you have? But if you look a step further into everything, you’ll realize that everything you have is what everyone wishes to have. If you’re complaining about being competitive, stress-out, etc then you should have a look into your neighboring country, where there’s no competition, no fair treat that the country has not been progressing since I stepped in 15 years back.

Singaporean be proud of what you have, the ruling party has make you proud of where you come from for any part of the world you stand. The Singapore government has strengthened the economy so stable that you can travel any part of the world as long as you saved. I spend about RM15,000 for a 10 days trip to UK 3 years back (and that could be my 1 Year saving of being anti-social), and if I were working in Singapore, I would only need half of that effort. What’s worse is if I want to travel the UK again, I would need 6x the effort for now because MYR1 = GBP6 when I scroll through Facebook this morning.

Plus, you never realize what a beautiful reputation the Singapore government has build around the world, that how we need to be seen through a magnify glass on the map be all well-known around the world. I only need to apply the travel visa online and got my approval, my friend on the other hand has to go for tons and tons of interview and almost needed him to swear that he would come back after 10 days. Okay, this is probably too exaggerating, yet this is how good our country reputation is.

Love your country, appreciate what they’ve done, and stop complaining for once and look around this beautiful city they’ve build, so you can called them your HOME. Now that your currency to Malaysia is MYR1 = SGD3, feel free to drop by this country and sees how bad it has become, and how unknown this country was has become world-known overnight for its hopeless ruling government. The corruption, the inefficiency, basically everything in it needs a change. Therefore each time a Singaporean complains about the Singapore government, you need to step out to the world and see how others compliment on the country, and you will know you’ve not been appreciative for a long time.

PAP, thanks for building such a beautiful Singapore. I know words cannot thank you enough! But I would like you to hear for once, from a Singaporean, thank you for building such a beautiful nation!