You’ll wake up and realize you lost someone

There are very few people in the world who would wait for someone. I know this because I've witnessed some, and I'm sure far less have for you. Not everyone would put their lives on hold for another human being, in hopes that the person would one day change and notice what they have in front of them. Nonetheless, that's exactly what I experienced in my own life.

You were my first love, I claim, because you lasted more than 6 months in my heart and still flashes through my head every now and then throughout the day. I guess it's this way because you were nothing compared to the other guys I knew. When we met, I didn't want to give in, but when I finally did it was like nothing I ever felt. We started casually, chatting on random topics that I've never shared to anyone so unknown before, and I'd wonder why would I ever open up to you.

Every time we were together it was hard to leave, having you is like an addiction, when we chat, I wanted more conversation, when we meet, I wanted more dates. And every time I wave goodbye I count the hours until we can meet again. I started to feel things I didn't think possible, like checking your social media, who you are talking to, who are your tags, who are your family members, who are your close friends. We were beautiful, I think, not perfect, but beautiful.

Then it ended. 

I lost the conversation between you. I lost the dates of meeting you. And there was no reason left. I waited, and waited. I waited until I was numb. I waited even after all the false hopes and all the destruction. I waited after everyone would tell me how crazy I was and just to move on. I waited even after all the times I said I wouldn't wait anymore. I stuck around while I was rejecting dates, cause I know it's always unfair to go on dates when you can't even let go someone in your heart.

Sitting down and thinking about it, I could finally put into words all the reasons I did stick around. I waited for you because, even though you might not think so, you were someone worth waiting for. You were one of the nicest, most helpful and hardworking people I have ever met. I waited for you because I knew I would never feel this again with anyone else, and even if I did love again, I had already felt the greatest love I would find. But waiting for you was literally like putting my hand in fire, it was painful, but there's always that rushing sensation you get from a burn.

You were so beautiful and I wondered sometimes how something so beautiful could cause so much pain. You were the only person that I wanted to talk to in the morning when I woke up, at night when I went to sleep and in the middle of the day when I would go on my lunch break. You were the first person I wanted to talk to when something good or bad happened. When I was having fun, or travelling the world, you were the person I wished was there and the only person I wanted to share funny moments with.

You were my First Love, and I waited because something as strong as that deserved a happy ending. I would have done anything for you. But you'll wake up and realize you lost someone who waited. Don't worry, I moved on.

I MISS YOU - doesn't always mean I want you back, sometimes it only means you crossed my mind and I hope you're doing fine.