What It Feels Like To Have A Crush Again After A Long, Loveless Spell

Learning to let go from a relationship is gruelling. A large part of the past 2 years of my life is trying to get over someone that probably doesn't even know I exist. But that stopped when I finally understood when I analysis every single detail of being in love.

I randomly wishes him through a text on his Birthday after being notified by Facebook. He's probably just another ordinary guy that did not dated before, but that's what I like about him, and how we could be able to keep the conversation rolling on. Little did I know that "I fell in love in between those conversations again".

"I would have to clarified that over a meal", goshh! that's one way new I've heard someone trying to date me out. I thought I would never find someone that would that makes me look forward for a hangout, and yet there I was, sitting by the corner of the mall anticipate if he would probably be the right one? At the end of the date, there was no denying that I had officially left my broken pieces behind and entered a new state of mind. Ah, the joy of what it feels like to have a crush again after a long, loveless spell.

"Uh-Oh", you think, I can feel myself controlling hard on not to fall first. But heck, deep down inside you, it feels too good to be true, and it's only a matter of time before something goes wrong again. You fear those things all over again, the ones when we are so closed to relationship that you irrationally begin to think long-term, and you quell the realistic thoughts that interrupt your vivid fantasies. Just like how you are being reminded everyday "Fear is a natural reaction of moving closer to the truth". 

Heartbreak turned you into a control freak, but "crushing" has made you realize there are things that are more powerful than your ability to hang on to your loss.

You have a reason to look good again. Those dresses and skirts have been hanging in the wardrobe for months already, and everyday you are just getting comfortable with your pants and blouse. Leaving the house without looking good is no longer an option because you're just getting comfortable day by days.

Then, you secretly hope you're going to run into him every time you go out. But it's a big world, you couldn't even bump into your old crush who lives just two street away from your house. Yet, you pre emptively delete those dating web (and the re-activate again), because you can never be too safe. It's always good to have a backup... and a backup for that backup.

What's worse is that suddenly you realize you believe in love again. I had forgotten what it felt like to live with an open heart, but lately, you find yourself laughing out loud, smiling randomly and you just couldn't help on it. Most importantly, you feel like a human again, it's as if you've just woken up from a coma. The air is fresher, the colours are deeper, the wound is erased, the music is louder and your world just seems a lil more brighter.