Riding the Dream

Originally written on March 16, 2015

A few excitement came rushing into my head as the weekend came closer, I try to hold down on my excitement so if things didn't go well it would not disappoint me too much, but still if you could look inside of me, I'm jumping in joy since March and couldn't wait to get over Redang so I can climb into an oversized picnic basket that's going to float hundred of meters above the ground with just a rope to hold on to.

I'm about to step into a Hot Air Balloon, and it just excites me to tell you I'm finally going to ride my dream.

Hot Air Balloon Flames.
As we walk closer to the balloon, a team of people were around it as the fabric billows slowly off the ground, air easing into it, and how beautiful as always to see how large it is. I've dreamed about Hot Air Ballooning for years. As a child, it seemed a great adventure after Mr. Bean episodes, as a teenager a romantic hope and then now in my mid twenties, a thrilling chance to see the world.

Nobody knows how much effort I had spend to be standing inside the compound, how many countries I have hunt down, how many dreams have been cancelled, how the thunder and raindrops just flash in and reminded me time after time how impossible it's to ride a dream. But still, years after years of standing behind the grills, I did not give up trying even how every time I got discouraged that maybe some things are not meant to be, maybe I should have a more realistic dream.

This time, I stand inside the grill, my breath hangs translucent in the air and I watch the tent take on the shape of a nuclear-powered light-bulb. I took another breath, today's the day, the sky is blue, the weather is perfect and not even a single cloud is spotted on the morning sky, this time it's true, I climbed in.

As soon as we got in, the pilot brief us on a few instructions but nothing came in because I'm just screaming too much in joy inside of me to hear anything, and as soon as I realized, we were lifted above ground as we wave to the people below us making them jealous once more; and then we touch the ground again, maybe the pilot is too heavy to be lifted, but a few seconds later everything's like a dreamlike floatation that teases us away from the earth.
Everything grew smaller and smaller, and slowly the rest of the balloons followed and I lean over the edge of the basket with a smile I haven't felt since childhood, follow by the beautiful sunrise that I've missed for years. We glide, silently, weightlessly, floating through the sky. This is a dream.come.true. I'm not sure how do you describe this, but I'm really, really, really happy.