depression, insomnia and heartbreak

"Why do you always have to tear me down every time I build myself up!" 

Adulthood has taught me a lot about depression, insomnia and heartbreak. Don't get me wrong, I've had a very good life, I never denied that! I have a car to drive, a big house to stay, and on random days I get to go on vacation and I really should be grateful for what I have. I know I should be. But being depress isn't not having the things you want, being depressed is those emotions that kills you again and again! Is those memories that haunt you throughout the years. Those moments where you needed someone to hold you so close but you swallow in yourself instead.

And days after days, little did you know that you've fallen in love with the dark, and night is the only moment that you look forward to so that you could enter into another world of yours and/or finally get withdrawn from reality. Days after days, you realize that being able to fall asleep in the middle of the night is the biggest miracle of the day; and waking up in the middle of the night has become a nightmare, cause you know how impossible it's to sleep in.

Being broken hearted is the worst of all, cause when your memories starts haunting you when you're all alone, it looks like there's nothing wrong, but every breath you take, it hurts. You wander why someone can hurt you like this and walked away like nothing happened. You wander why the one who are closest to your heart hurts you the most. And I've said this a thousand times, that I will one day leave and not come back, I stayed. I stayed because I no longer have the strength to fight on any more, I no longer have the strength to runaway any more.

And probably, I could be just as dramatic as the other days, and I'll get over it. Cause this isn't the first time neither would it be the last. But I just want to shout out to adulthood and say "it sucks! it sucks a lot!"