Falling in Love with London

Earlier in 2015, a thought came pass me thinking that I would love to head back to UK for Christmas, just a sudden strong feel that I miss that place, this thought never arises since I came back I thought, it must be those sudden TV advertisement / programs that reminded me how beautiful Europe was. I kept down that feel after how badly Ringgit depreciates.

But little did you know where life leads you to, because as soon as we got in December, I realized I was on that 14 hours flight to London. I did thought of it, but never did I plan about this trip, and I really wonder where life wants to take me to.

Yet, as soon as I book the flight tickets, I was already regretting on the trip because on how unsmooth things turn out, like how I should get out from the airport, place to stay, how to get back from Nottingham, and many other things that arises. Still, there’s no turning back, so I held my head up and walk straight up to the airport. Things started to turn better when I happen to be at the other side of the world. I met a nice lady by the checkpoint who did not investigate me like I would never leave London but wish me an advance Happy Birthday. Along the way, I met nice people who guided me by the underground and also kind gentleman who helps carry my luggage when I stood by the stairway. And I wonder, London isn't too bad isn't it?

I headed out to the city myself after my cousin drew me a map. I went down and explore the city, which was also initially what I planned before I got on the flight, but I was just too zombified after the 14 hours flight. I wanted to see how much the city has changed, and how lucky I was to be able to spot blue sky before the sunset. As I walk and explore, I thought to myself, if only London was a sunnier place with balance daylight, it would be the happiest place on earth. It would be like finding my Shangri-la in the warm embrace of the Victorian apartment blocks. Yet as it is, the lack of daylight, it means I would still remain by the equator and that I will continue to visit London as simple tourist, a visitor from a distance.

Because, little did I know London has made me fall back in love with life or if I've unknowingly fell in love with London.