Trip to Iceland

I’ve always love the Mother Nature, and for people who know me, they would have heard me complaining that the city make people depress. Sometimes people say that I’m too young to even say that, but that doesn’t deny the fact from it. So, Iceland should be a perfect place to be closest to nature; everything at its truest and purest form.

I really have no idea how should I put the journey into words, because how do you describe nature beside of beauty; let’s try! The first reaction we had when we walked out the Guesthouse was “Where’s the sun?”, sunrise in Iceland during winter is around 11:30 AM and I thought winter in UK was depressing. Since it’s all icy and cold in Iceland, we decide to stay indoor while we wait for the bus to Blue Lagoon and obviously we missed it! The guesthouse owner was kind enough to drop us off at the bus station where we schedule on another bus but I was hoping so badly to get over Blue Lagoon before the sunset because I can’t imagine how frozen I will be and talking about walking around with bikini. I can’t even really feel the warmth with my coat!
I’m not sure if the weather is too cold or the geothermal spring just isn’t warm enough, cause we’ve to go around finding a warm spot. And I’m not kidding about being out there in the cold and the water isn’t warm! I ain’t complaining about anything, I love everything about it and how beautiful it is, if only it has less popping head our pictures would probably turn out better.

We went on further to Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoss, Vik’s black sand beach, Jökulsárlón; I don’t even know where I was the whole time and I just took the names from my friend's blog. I just describe the places as the waterfall, the black sand beach, glacier part and whatever names that come into my mind. It reminded me on how my sister complain I've communication barrier always that she has to read out my mind. At times when we reach a destination, I wander why the Icelander mislead people by putting such names; like the Glacier lagoon. Speaking about lagoon here, it’s a theme park.

Any who, there are some really great moments that leave me an awe in Iceland. Like the time where we spotted the sunset by the glacier, I just couldn’t help but just stand there to just watch the sunset. There’s just something about my love to sunset, they simply just freeze me wherever I am. I will go all over the world just to witness the beauty of sunset.

Speaking about preserving mother nature, I think Iceland should be acknowledge by the world, because I am still simply amaze by how they could utilize the lake water to all the tap in the houses and/or using the energy from the volcano to heat up the heaters. I think that’s the best invention so far, since I would have to hug the heater every night to sleep, otherwise I might have possibly come back with a broken hand. I already almost couldn't feel my hands for the first few days even with the so-called “heat pad” in my pocket.

I had my life-long dream achieved somewhere in the middle of the journey, that’s my First Snow Experience. I almost had tears rolling down my cheeks, but that would be too drama, but still, I’m just really happy, overjoy, rejoice {insert more irrelevant adjectives}. (Haha!) I finally had them achieved after those years of chasing them, and I couldn’t deny how beautiful it is. I would still go after them again in future, just like the Hot Air Balloon rides, because it’s called a life-long dream, you would want to do it again and again throughout your life. Ohh! I build my very first Olaf too! I would build bigger better ones in future. We shall treat that as my very first masterpiece!

We had a little imperfection to this trip by not being able to see the Northern Lights. But I’m okay with it, it gives me another excuse to go travel again, cause how is it possible to have 3 life-long dreams achieved right? While, at least not for me.