Riding the Dream 2

Few weeks back, on a special day of the year, I took the leap of faith of making the decision that I should ride on the Hot Air Balloon once more during the 8th Putrajaya Hot Air Balloon Fiesta. I've continuously attended this event for the past 7 years hunting down Hot Air Balloon tickets, and even years after years of dreaming behind the grills, I finally managed to Ride.the.Dream last year. However, we all know that dreams come slow and they go fast, 40 minutes ride has left me hungry for more.

As usual, a whole lot of excitement came rushing into my head as we step into the weekend, I was about to ride in the Hot Air Balloon once more, and I just couldn't help but wonder what would it be like to be “Riding the Dream” for the second time.

My breath hangs translucent in the air as I watch the tent take on the shape of a nuclear-powered light bulb. I took another breath, the sky is blue, the weather is perfect and not even a single cloud is spotted on the morning sky. This year, the Hot Air Balloon ride got a little more crowded, as we climbed in that oversized picnic basket one after another after being brief on a few instructions. Nothing came in as usual, as I was just screaming too much in joy inside of me to hear anything, and I just want to be up there in the air to catch the sunrise.

A few moments later, everything’s like a dreamlike floatation once more that teases us away from the earth. Everything grew smaller and smaller, and slowly the rest of the balloons followed as I leaned over the edge of the basket with a smile I haven’t felt for weeks, follow by the beautiful sunrise. We glide silently, weightlessly, floating through the sky.

This is how it feels like to be riding.the.dream again. I’m not sure how do you describe this, but I was really, really, really happy.