Message to an Old Crush

Hi Old Crush,

I did not expect myself to be writing to you again, but you've left me sleepless once again. I met you on Tinder today! To be honest, I hesitated for a long time, I wander if I should swipe left, because I know where our story would go, but as usual my mind and heart does not align, I swiped right! And to be more surprised, you already swiped right unto my profile.


We exchange a few conversations, something more than our usual chats of Hi and how are you, I couldn't help but asked you why you were on Tinder? Because I clearly remember seeing you get attached on an Instagram post! Sorry, old crush, but your friends seem to appear on my ‘Explore Feed’ more frequent because I don’t follow much people. Excuse me, if that seems like stalking, but I find your friends post quite interesting. I like how they could bring sarcasm to a whole new level and how original their writing was, I truly admire them!

Back to the surprise! I've actually moved along with the thought of being in-love somewhere in the middle of 2015. Trust me, I really do. But then, again and again, you appeared back in my life. This left me wandering. I start to think, why did I meet you all over again when I've completely moved on, and especially on a place like this? I wander if life wants to give us a second chance?
We first met each other on a dating sites, I fell somewhere in between, but it was a total different story to you. Then now, after 3 years, we met each other again on a similar yet different platform. This occurrence has left me sleepless.

And also, right before I met you again, or can I say, reappear back in my life, I met one of your friend in a Japanese restaurant just by the neighbourhood mall. This incident happened just over the weekend! And when I come across him, I couldn't help but wander how we stayed just 3 kilometres away from each other yet never met each other by the neighbourhood. I was saddened by my own though, because we were always ‘so near yet so far’. There were so many things that lead me to the thought of you, but I held it down, because I knew how faithless we are.

But, old Crush, I really don’t know what can I do? I don’t know if you and I could have a chance to fall in-love with other in this lifetime. And of all the guys that I've met all these years, there’s really no one that has moved my heart, someone that could let me fall so hard.
And if I have the courage to tell you, I would tell you that second chances are not for everyone and that we've gotten it this time. I'm not sure if you and I would end up in someplace good? I wish and I will continue to wish, but I will not hope, because I do not want to spend another 2 years of my life trying to move on from someone who probably doesn't know I exist.

Old Crush, I really, really, really, really did like you. And I don’t think it’s hard for me to find back that feel I had for you, in me, cause really, no one has made such a great tsunami in my life than you.

Not forgetting, you were still the best thing that happened in my life.