Am I the only person not looking for Hookups?

After lingering around Tinder for a few weeks, I've met heck lots of weird guys in there. I almost want to delete my account, because I realized there’s a huge chunk of guys in there just looking for hookup. I even have weird guys who try to explain me all about how great the hookup life is. They they tell me about how awesome it is to just visit someone’s bed, have sex and leave before you have to remember their name or the sound of their voice. They tell me it is all the rage, and that everyone on Tinder is doing it.

That’s not to say that I judge other people for their choices, or what makes them happy. But I just don’t think hookups are my cup of tea. You see, I don’t want to mess up the procedures, not that I'm still behind time. But really, I do not just only want someone to sleep with, I want someone to spend the night with, and wake up with. I want someone who will eat breakfast with me before rushing off for life. I want someone who will be waiting at home for me or waiting for my text, to talk about our day.

Am I the only person who is looking for this? I don’t think there is anything specifically “sexy” or “pretty” about wanting to attract the maximum amount of sex for the minimum amount of effort. I don’t get that. I don’t get how people keep track on how many opposite sex they have slept with, or challenge each other to sleep with certain ethnicities or backgrounds.

Sex isn't enough. Physical pleasure, temporary sensations are not a replacement for a genuine emotions. And while maybe there is quite a bit of momentary pleasure in orgasm, my suspicion is that it doesn't match the pleasure held within a lifetime of hugs from someone you care about “around the clock”. Relationships are riskier, I’ll admit it. You are putting more on the line. More time, more money, and more feelings. And some of those feelings could be bad ones, because unlike in the movies, relationships don’t always work out.

But I think I am ready for them. I want the feels, give them to me. I want the commitment, I want the risk, I want the emotions, I want the real thing. I want to go on adventures that take us far beyond our respective bedrooms. I want to travel to places that we have only imagined. I want to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and holidays. I want to go shopping together, and just enjoy life’s simplest things with a partner who wants to enjoy them with me too.

I want to watch my partner grow into their career, their aspirations, and our life. And I’m not pretending like the next person I go on a date with will be the person I stay with forever. I know that finding someone takes a lot of time and effort, but I also know that I want to start now. I want to get to know someone, to go on dates, to take risks, and to work to find something that’s real.

I want to share something with someone that last more than a few days of conversations. And I know that this journey isn't easy, but I am ready – even when I feel like the only one.