Would you hold unto me a little longer?

Hold on. I'm just starting to discover me, while I discover us. I'm a beginner in all of this. I don't know how to be. And I don't know how you want me to be. Don't tell me to just be myself - you can count on it that I will not just be myself when I'm with someone. Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of you seeing who I am - if you didn't like me, then I know I'm meant for somebody else. But I will admit I am afraid of showing you too soon. I'm afraid. I'm afraid because you're the first person who hasn't left when I show you who I really am.
Just hold on. Hold on to me. There are times that I really want to hug you each time we say goodbye. But I don't. I can't seem to make my body do what my heart is feeding it. My body reaction isn't as big as it used to anymore, each time you try to grab on my waist, because I didn't really care. I guess what I'm saying is that now I do. I do care. I want you to keep holding me, and I want you to held on me tight.

When you reach out for me, your words, your touch, you held it with your heart. I can feel it. And I love that. But it also makes me nervous. I'm nervous that you touch me, because my body is very new to this. I'm nervous that I might do it wrong. Or that I might do it right too, and make you want more than I can give you right now. I want to feel like I can be open up with you, in every sense of the word. I want you to know that I want that. Know that I really do want that. 

Please hold on. Hold on to me, because I'm a little unsteady. There are also times when I am so very unsure. They say that when it's right, you won't have to question, "are they the one?", because you'll just know. But will we? Is that the truth? Does anyone ever really know? They say it's about loving someone's flaws. Loving someone because they are a painting of beautifully unique imperfections. But when do you finally hear that their heart is the one that beats in harmony with yours?

Hold on to me. Hold on to me no matter how hard of a day I had. Because I'd finally find someone who would understand my little problems I go through each day, and with you around, those problems will turn out to be just fine. You have given me a caring hand to hold unto my insecurities and worries. Someone who would make sure you're home before going to bed and someone to greet in the morning.

Will you love me like that? That's all I really need to know. Because I promise to never love you any less than that. Just hold on. Hold on to me, because I'm still a little unsteady right now.