I Never Gave Up on You, I Just Gave Up Hoping

If you asked me about the perfect picture right now, it would be the one that included you in it. If you asked me for a realistic picture, it’d be one where I'm sitting alone in my room in silence looking out to the busy highway as I wonder about you. I wonder where you are and I wonder who you’re with and most of all I wonder with acceptance that it will never be me in your realistic picture of how you foresee a future.

So I find myself living in the past as memories of us dance in my mind when I used to believe it could be us at the end of all of it. But in time, I’ve come to accept what my heart doesn't want to – that you've never been mine even when I wanted you so bad to be. But wanting things doesn't mean you’ll get them. And loving people doesn't mean they’ll love you back. I fell for you with all I had. I fell for you with all I was. I gave everything I could in hopes it’d be enough. But all you’ll ever be is a part of a list of dreams forgotten and never achieved. Because that’s all you ever were was a dream.

You were a fixation of what I wanted you so badly to be. Yet all we were and all we are, are strangers on the same train heading to different destinations. Before I go and be on my way I want you to know if you let me, I would have loved you. If you asked me to turn around I’d be the first one running. But I know I’ll walk away and you won’t say anything to stop me. Because all we were was a dream forgotten.

We were never suppose to cross each other path. I was never suppose to find you. I was suppose to simply hope you were out there and hope for something more within the eyes of every stranger. But now I look at them and it’s you I want to find. Because even when I’m world apart I never ever gave up on you, I just gave up hoping you’d feel the same way.