Moving on is not something I can do

When I experience my first heartbreak, the whole world is telling me to "let go and move on", they are tons of articles that say "if he's meant to be he will stay, it's time to build a bridge and get over it". They would say, "go on some dates, so you can move on".

The truth is, if you really fell hard on someone, you can't just snap your fingers, click your shoes three times, and fall out of the feelings. You can't just change your feelings. You can't turn them off. But, I listened to what they said, I went on dates, and you know what? I realized I couldn't even feel, every single men I met reminded of him more. And this is where I realized you can't force your body and mind to touch another soul and feel the same way. You can't just date another guy and expect to feel like the last one. 

So I stopped trying to find a guy to replace him. I stop going on dates, I stopped myself from drowning in the sea of memories. I stopped trying so hard to move on. It took a really long time, it took me days and nights and weeks and months to get myself back up. I forced my smile, and open my heart back to the world. It will take me forever to realize that I will never replace him. And I finally realize that all these, all these, are okay.

I have finally learned that there is no getting rid of times when you will miss the people you truly loved. There is no getting rid of that nostalgia. All you can do is focus on yourself, all your can do is try to survive the day. So, I stop trying to 'move on'. I just need to move past the hurt and onto the good parts.