Those Unspoken Words

My feelings for you were never a secret.

It was evident in the look in my eyes when I saw you. It was evident in the rapid heart beat, as your name appeared on the screen. It was evident when I talked about you to people, they might not have understood but they could see my level of happiness was there. It was behind every tear you never saw as I said goodbye. I knew I’d miss you most. So if you ask me how I miss you these are the things I’d say. I miss for the laughter you brought to my life.

I miss you for the conversations late at night.
I miss you for every memory that captivated my heart and soul.
I miss you for every dream you almost made come true.
I miss you for those moments you held me when I was weak.
I miss you for being that person I turned to for absolutely everything.
I miss hearing your voice on the other end, telling it’ll be okay.
I miss you for a future that I never knew was certain.
And for the times, I faltered and you helped me up with every step.
I miss you for the what-ifs that kept me up at night.
What could we be and when would we be it, were all things that danced around in my mind.
I miss you for the imaginary life I created in my head.
I miss you for all you are even if it came with flaws.
Because the way I saw it if anyone had perfected the art of flaws it was you.
But dam, I loved every one of them.
I miss you for every car ride we had.
I miss you most when life throws me a curve ball and I can’t turn to you anymore.
I hear your voice telling me how strong I am.
I miss you when my reflection causes me to look away.
And I hear your voice telling me I’m beautiful.
Because you knew me in a way others didn’t.
You knew me for everything under the surface.
It’s in those moments I think of you when things are at their worst.
Because you were the one who always saved me.
You were a hero wearing the disguise of a common man.
You a prince charming in real life, that held the biggest place in my heart.
But most of all, I miss you for the little things.
But every time we got a little closer, in my heart, I knew I was always racing against the clock.
You were like an hourglass with sand, I never wanted to run out.
But in my heart and with every doubt I didn’t want to believe, I knew our time soon would be up.
You were every young dream I wanted to come true.
So if you ask me how I miss you there’s no simple answer as to why. It’s for every little moment that has live in my heart.
Of the greater fears I have as goodbye escaped my lips, was forgetting you and all we were.
Because if I ever forgot you there’s a chance I’d forget myself.