I Will Always Think Of You When I Think Of New York


When I think of New York, I'll think about the time you try to convince me on how beautiful this city is. I'll think of Nick's Pizza and remember the excitement in your text on how much you love food! I'll always remember how you raised my interest by showing me around your favourite parts of the city. I'll remember the look in your eyes and how much you wanted me to fall in love with this city just as I had fallen for you. 

I'll think of the nights you wanted me to stay, and that you could show me more of the city you grew up in. I'll always love that moment strolling in the park where you shared the stories of your childhood and how you became the person you are today. I'll remember spending those moments silently memorizing every detail of you. I think it's because we both knew we've fell for each other but we'll never be able to be together. But when I think of New York, I'll remember falling for you. 

I'll think about the night we spent walking home, guided by the lights of the city. I'll think about the way we used to laugh and the talks about our fears and hopes for the future. I'll remember how we stroll under the moonlight on the cold winter night. I'll remember the cold wind that numbed my whole body until my hands turned purple. But more importantly, I'll remember the smile on your face when you push yourself high up on the swing. I'll remember wishing that we could stay like that forever.

When I think of New York, I'll be reminded that it will always be your city and that I will always be merely a visitor. This city that you love so passionately will never be my home. I learned to love this city: the city that never sleeps. New York will always have a special place in my heart, and I know that I will think about it often. I'll think of the friends I made and the experiences and adventures that changed my life.

But most importantly, when I think of New York, I'll always think of you.