New York Food Hunt

"If you have the chance, would you go back to New York again?" I paused for a long time, and smile, I will go back for the food! I've never been to one place filled with so much good food! And not one food in particular, it's a variety of food across different of countries from Asia to Europe! And I'm still trying to find something that satisfy my taste bud since I came back. So, let's do a list of food I've gobble on, and even after dining out for both lunch and dinner for the past 2 weeks, I'm still not done with the list yet; like STK downtown (steak), Bouley French (which was highly recommended), Sahai Dining Bar (Japanese), Yakiniku Takashi (Ramen), Marea Fusilli (also another highly recommended place). Just for my record purposes, so that I could eat them all if I find myself in New York again, Haha!

Tong Sam Gyup Goo Yi
I know I'm not a fan of Korean food, but this Korean BBQ is just heaven! I don't even know how should my taste buds start describing,The Pork Belly, Kimchi, Kimchi Fried Rice is just perfect! And that's one thing that kept me awake from my jetlag. I wanted to just skipped dinner, but thank goodness I made the right decision for food!

The Bao
This restaurant is actually run by an ex-customer, and he told us to drop by for lunch if we ever happen to be in New York, and I knew it's going to be good, because people told me they can eat like 7 bowls of dumplings for each servings. So, I was actually quite looking forward for this meal. And I swear that I'm never going to take another Xiao Long Bao back at home so that I can keep the heavenly taste in my taste buds. I don't think I can find another Chinese dumplings better than this.

Totto Ramen
I know there's plenty of good Ramen cooking in New York City, but this was recommended by my client. It's good, but not the Best. And I'm grateful that it isn't, because I can still satisfy my Ramen cravings in Ippudo, otherwise I would have to eat one more less food back at home.

Nick's Pizza
I thought Pizza is Italian, little did I know that I could find the best Pizza in New York! We were talking about Pizza the other day with my bro's customer, and she strongly recommended that Pizza in New York is the best. I couldn't deny it even for the one she brought us to, I had two big piece of pizza bigger than my face! Then we went to Nick's Pizza, I had 4 piece of them! Good thing I'm not a big fan of Pizza, so I can cut my choice of having Pizza back at home, because Nick's Pizza is so goood it was rewarded Michelin Star.

Shake Shack
Sometimes we just have to blend into what this city loves most! After having the best Pizza for lunch, I couldn't stop hunting for food, and we decided to have burger even though Shake Shack in Malaysia sucks, we still decided to stand in line for 30 minutes just for burger! And even after getting burger, we couldn't find seats (almost like Burger Lab). Back to the foood! After taking one bite on the burger, I know why McDonalds in U.S sucks (and yes, we try out McD too even after being told it sucks! haha!)

Jean Georges
We wasn't supposed to dine in this restaurant, I wanted to go to another one which one strongly recommended, however, I remembered the name wrongly, so we ended going on this just recommended but not strongly recommended Michelin French Restaurant. I knew Michelin star restaurants were good, but once you actually try it, you can really taste the difference. Definitely one of my most memorable meals also because we've to walk through some Police check because it's located at Trump International Hotel.

Ben & Jack’s Steakhouse
I couldn't get a nice picture of this steak because I was with a client. This is not the best steakhouse, the Best one is name after Peter Luger and you need hell one month reservation in advance. I was told this is similar to it because the chef resigned and run it's own steakhouse. However, I've always not been a fan of meat, so this is just bearable to me. All I can say is that the beacon is juicy, the beef is cooked just nice even though is 40% raw, the wine fits in perfectly! I am glad to say that the Maria's by Bangsar is better, so I can still dig in the steaks back at home.

Sushi of Gari 46
When we dine in the restaurant, we find it really expensive! The food is even more expensive that the Michelin restaurants, but since we already waited in line for 15 minutes, we decided to give it a try! It's also our last day in New York too. I am not a fan of other raw dishes except for the salmon, but it's stated on the menu "Sushi's lover dream". And when I took that bite, I never want to wake up from the dream. 







I wish I could stay in New York a lil' longer and explore much more. Los Angeles food was just average for me except for the Giant Turkey Leg we ate in Disneyland. Everyone kept asking where we bought them when we were eating by the side, because the look itself is just simply tasty!. Let's just hope I can lose some weight now since I've be complaining on the food back at home. Somebody, take me back to New York to satisfy my taste bud!