Thank you for making me Feel Again

Last September, I thought I've given up the idea of being in a relationship. I thought this heart would not feel again, yet since I met you, you wanted to be that man I needed, you wanted me there instead of here. You tried to say all the right things; and I could feel that you are trying hard to be then man I wanted. And I really wish you could be those things. 

I felt them, I could feel that you wanted to be part of the story, you wanted to know who my friends are, what are their names and you wanted me to know who your friends are too. I've never felt such an effort for a long time - I am thankful for that effort. I could feel that you are trying to protect me from all the bullets that seem to be ricocheting off me. Most importantly, I could feel that you are trying to spark of light when I sit in darkness always. And I am really, really thankful - for trying to save me.

On most days I would dread a morning with nothing to look forward to, but now, I will wake up early so we could chat a little longer before you called it a day. At night, I will flow through time carrying all the memories of you and our conversations that make me feel like I'm in utter and surreal bliss. I sleep with you in my mind and I'm not quite ready to let go of another passing day without you in it. David, you have invaded me, my mind, my words, not fully though, but you're sure a part of my day.

Everyday, I write in my journal and suddenly, when I recount all that has happened in the day, you are there. Even when I didn't see you, all my words seem to want to talk and describe are about you. And I don't know if this is a curse I should run away from or a risk I should try to overcome. But I guess, the only reason I'm feeling this way is because we're both unavailable people to each other. Either way, thank you for making me feel this way again. Thank you for invading what was once a heart numb of all aches and emotions. I have certainly missed this feeling.

I hope you hang around for a long time. And I know that I would still be single this Valentine's Day, but it's okay, because it's no longer a choice, is my way of life.