I wish someone could tell me Love is Easy.

I wish someone could tell me that finding the one is all you need to be happy.
I wish someone could tell me that all Disney movies are telling the truth.
I wish someone could tell me that love is looking into someone’s eyes and just “knowing” they’re right for you.
I wish someone could tell me that love is just a bunch of montage-able moments.
I wish someone could tell me love is easy.

I wish someone could stop the crying and heartbreak when the night falls.
I wish someone would really stay when they say they’ll never leave.
I wish someone could tell me that love is just about finding the right person.

But I know these will never happen, because this isn’t real love.
Love is about becoming a better person, stronger than who I used to be. Love is painful. People leave, even if they know you’re in love with them. It doesn’t matter how much love there is. Love is hard work. It’s a commitment.  

There will be times that you will have to do things you don’t feel like doing.
There will be times you will hate all the Fairytale movies Disney tells you about, because in real life, true love kiss doesn’t really solve anything.
There will be times when you will be frustrated, unhappy and disappointed.
There will be times that love is literally the worst thing in the world.


But they say, at the end of the day, love can still conquer it all, if you let it. And I'm still waiting for the day when I finally learn to open up again.