You Never Gave Me a Closure

There are always things people say after a break up. Yet, for me there were so many questions and one of them that kept turning at the back of my mind was “why did he just decide to walk away”.

No matter how happy I have move on with my life and how close I am to each potential relationship, I can’t seem to get the past out of my head on most days. It ended so abruptly with no reasons or explanations.

That was it. No more communication. I have heard nothing from him since last September last year. No checking to see if I’m okay, no late night awkward texts, not even a “How are you doing?” Part of me needs some closure, something to give my mind the rest it needs of what happened. The other part wonders what I did wrong.

The problem with modern relationships is that we blame ourselves constantly, assuming we weren’t enough, not that they couldn’t handle our turbulent and overpowering beauty. I have questions, and I assume those reading will have them too, everyone has questions to ask about that day you heart was broken. Why did everything suddenly change? What did I do? The list is endless in broken thoughts and hurt well wishes.

Everyone says Past relationships doesn’t matter, only the last does”, but until the day comes where I get an answer, the stubbornness of my heart will never close the chapter of the story. I need a closure, a conclusion to the story.