I'm sorry, I didn't love you completely

“When I first met you, I saw loneliness in your eyes. Not the single kind of loneliness, but the loneliness of no one understands you”. I brush the conversation off by shrudding my shoulder and replied him “I don’t know, not really”.

But as the days passed, he grew fonder of me. I had never given someone so many chances before and all I thought was just hanging out with a new friend. I wasn’t looking for someone to love me or someone to be with at the time, but I knew I was on the wrong directions when he started sending me flowers. I knew he has fallen deeper and if I walk away now, I would have broken a heart like how mine was broken.

I panicked because I thought I was going to ruin a kind heart, but the more I kept denying it, the closer he walks towards me. I felt every time we talk or hang out, I want to distance him more and each cell of mine just freaks out more. I realized that no matter how hard I tried to fight my feelings, the stronger they would become. But there was just no turning back, and there was just no running away from you, you had this hold on me that won’t let go.

I am not sure what’s going to happen down the road for me, because 1 month into accepting this relationship and I’m still freaking out each day. I’m not hoping for any change in you but I’m hoping there’s a change in me.