I wish I was different

I want to know what it’s like to feel again. I want to know what it’s to hear someone’s words without doubting them. I want to hear someone tell me I’m beautiful without repeating it’s a lie in my heart. I want to know what it’s like to believe again, and that maybe this time could be different, that not everyone is the same. Most importantly, I still want to believe that happy endings still exist.

I want to know what it’s like to surrender to the way someone looks at me, to their soft words and their sweet laughs, to their honest stories and lousy jokes. I want to surrender to all of that without thinking that it’s just an act without waiting for the curtain call without knowing how it will end. I wish there was a way to stop my heart from pulling in the reins. I wish there was a way to mend all the broken pieces before you. I wish there was a button I can push that switches everything I know and start over with you.

I wish I could look you in the eyes and tell you I’m ready but that would be a lie. And I don't want to hurt you with my broken pieces again.