I’m Sorry I Couldn’t Love You Back

To The Man Who Loved Me—I’m Sorry I Couldn’t Love You Back

There were two things I wanted to tell you: I’m sorry and thank you.

I am sorry that my broken pieces hurt you. I’m sorry we have to take our relationship a step backwards. I knew you wanted more, but I want you to know I’ve been trying hard to enjoy company, to enjoy the love you try to give me, to not hide the scars in my heart from loving. But the heart and mind just doesn’t seem to communicate well, as always. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give back that love which I took from you. This is me saying sorry.

I’m sorry that I was too selfish, I’m sorry for hurting you with my broken pieces; sorry if there were times that you may felt I might have taken your feelings for granted. Know that I didn’t want to intentionally hurt you.

I also want to thank you. Thank you for all the things you wanted to do for me, thank you for showing me what it felt like to be loved. You always put my choice before yours. You showed me you were sincere and serious no matter how much I doubted my heart, I felt your effort. You always wanted to be there to listen to my day. Most importantly, you didn’t judge me when you saw my imperfections. Thank you for showing me that I was worth it.

Lastly, thank you for trying to love me with all of you.