What a Year it has Been.

This year was hard in so many ways but it also could have been worse so I can’t say it was a ‘bad” year but it definitely had more downs than ups. It wasn’t the year I hoped for. I actually fell short this year. I didn’t check off any items on my bucket list and for some reason this year was flat and draining. But I learned something valuable this year. I learned the lesson that the universe has been trying to teach me all along but I was too stubborn to listen.

This was the year I learned that I need to get back up because I can’t get lazy and I can’t make temporary decisions anymore because I’m waiting for something else to happen. This was the year I had to stop waiting. This was the year I learned that I have to work on every little part of myself. This was the year I learned that pain will never leave me alone but I have to learn how to smile. I have to learn how to wake up and find something to look forward to. I have to learn how to walk hand in hand with pain instead of trying to run away from it.

This was the year I learned that healing is not a phase, it’s an ongoing process. It’s a work in progress. It’s something you have to keep doing every day and every night because the pain might resurface and you’ll make the same mistakes again. I’ll get heartbroken again. Someone will disappoint me and I will fail at something I thought I was good at. I won’t always get what I wished for and as long as I’m still alive and breathing, I’ll have to figure out a way to make italone.

Nothing major happened this year, nothing extraordinary but this was the year I learned that I’m the only one who can heal myself. I’m the only one who can save myself. I’m the only one who can make myself smile when things are going wrong and maybe one day I’ll learn how to make them right, but for now, I’m learning how to live with the wrongs, the mistakes, the disappointments because they won’t just go away. It won’t magically disappear.

This was the year life broke me into pieces again, and I hope I can rebuild myself before we start a New Year. It isn’t that I’ve not fixed this puzzle before.