I am trying my very best to open up

I’ve searched for it endlessly, I’ve risk everything I had, I have tried putting myself out there completely, but the truth is I am still unable to love because I am not ready to accept it. I can make someone feel incredible. I can hold their hand when they’re feeling down, I can pull them close when they want a hug. I can stay up all night talking to them and feel completely exhausted but still not want to go to bed. I can let all of these wonderful things to happen but I still wouldn’t be able to feel.

I am not sure if it’s possible to simultaneously willing to give love and not willing to receive it. And the reason we’re not willing to receive it is because I don’t think I deserve it. I was somehow convinced that I’m not worthy of love. Even though I’ve persuaded countless of time, I still don’t think love is something I deserve.

And since I couldn’t accept love, I give to them until nothing has been left yet I wonder why they withdraw from me so quickly. How could they leave you after you emptied yourself into them? Real love isn’t meant to empty you. Real love is meant to fill you with all of the things that are different from the bits and pieces of yourself you’ve given away. It doesn’t fill you entirely but it fills you with the things you didn’t already have. The truth, however, is I have to be willing to let it all in.

I know I wouldn’t find life-changing love until I’m ready to accept it. Until I like myself enough to let someone else like me. Until I’m ready to let all the heartbreak go only to risk being heartbroken again. Until I accept the fact that every time my heart was broken the rest of me remained intact and the rest of me will pushed through life as usual.