It’s 10:20 PM

It’s 10:20 PM and my phone rings, I walk towards my phone and I saw a notification that I wasn’t expecting from. My heart skipped a little because I’ve been thinking about it a lot for the past few nights. I thought about the last time we texted, a New Year has arrived, I hesitated. I hesitated for a second but I knew something should be wrong with his life, I could be wrong.

As we texted, I held on my own heart; I am unsure if I’ve stitched back my broken pieces together. Life has been crashing down on me since he left, yet I always try to find my pieces back and stitch them back together, I’ve always been the strong one, even when I’m weak.

A thousand of thoughts flashes through my mind throughout our conversation, I wonder how he has been, I wonder if he’s alright, I wonder if he wanted someone to hug, or someone to give silly comments over the things life gave him. I thought of ways I could help him, the scenarios that played in my head, because I don’t want anyone to go through depression like I do. I don’t want anyone to feel lonely or stuck when life hits you with all the craps and nonsense.

But the truth is, I can’t figure out how to make any of this sound okay. I still didn’t know why he chose to text me again after a long period of time and I hope I was wrong about how I feel.