{self reminder} My 2017 wasn't a failure

I look back on 2017 and felt very stressed out where I hated almost every inch that has happened throughout the year. I felt like I’ve accomplished nothing throughout the last twelve months and that 2017 was a complete waste of my time, I felt like I am pretty much just walking zombies.

I didn’t manage to hold on to my relationship, I didn’t reach half of the milestones that I was hoping to complete and that I thought I might just be living in existential crisis. I kept reminding myself that 2017 was not a failure, at least I managed to be still alive and breathing after all of the bullshit this year has brought me. I should be proud of myself for making it through, for surviving another 365 days! It takes strength.

I lose touch with friends that I thought would stick by forever, I had falling outs with friends that I thought I could trust. I lose myself to depression. There were days when I just couldn’t get myself out of bed; there were other days when I dealt with mixed signals. But I kept reminding myself that I am looking at things the wrong way.

I wouldn’t say I went through hell this year, but it was still a long journey. I know the pain might have strengthened me, it has helped me grow. It wasn’t a year of failure because I’ve learned essential lessons this year. Now I know what kind of toxic people I should keep far away. Now, I know how much bullshit I am able to handle on a daily basis. Now, I know a little bit more about me and the way I want to live.

Now, the best part is that I can go into a New Year, I can enter 2018 with the knowledge that I can conquer anything the world is going to give me. Instead of going into the New Year feeling like a failure, I am going to accept that I’m doing my best, trying my hardest. I’m going to believe that this is the year I am going to accomplish everything my heart wants; but I remind myself that it’s okay if I don’t achieve anything either, as long as I make it into 2019 in one piece.