Love takes patience

As a teenager, I thought I would already have met the guy I was meant to marry. And at 21, I believed that whole heartedly that you could get it right on the very first try. But as life always comes with surprises and turnarounds, fate was never on my side in relationships. I stayed intoxicated with a guy even long after we ended, and I push away people who try to come close to my heart. In crowd, it was him that I long for his eyes, but I am always a step too early to meet him.

Even with my incomplete heart, I’ve been immersed, spun around and entranced by the dating scene. And you know what? It’s more than just an experience. It’s more than just going on dates. Its lesson after lesson on what values and wants I need my future partner to have.

Love takes patience. It also takes a hell of a lot of courage and grit. It’s absolutely beautiful and worth all of the pit falls and dips. But, self love is just the same – if not even harder. I’d rather work on myself, for myself for a little longer. I’ve still got a lot of learning, leaving and loving left to do. Most importantly, I want to get out of where I've been stuck for a very long, long time.