I’m Strong but I’m Tired


The truth is, I’m Strong but I’m Tired. Strength is still trying to believe in love where you’ve only experienced heartbreak. It’s drying your own tears that no one knew and looking at someone who breaks you apart but letting it all go. Strength is helping others to stand back up even when you couldn’t. It’s holding on and believing in hope still. Strength is when the world doubts on you, but you believe in yourself anyway. But the truth is, I’m strong but I’m tired.

I’m tired of anticipating the worst and watching it play out. I’m tired of constantly being challenged and always having to be the bigger person. I’m tired of thinking too much about people who care too little. I’m tired of over thinking. I’m tired of staying up at night as thoughts consume me. I’m tired of carrying the weight on my shoulders. I’m tired of being strong for everyone. I’m tired of always figuring out the solutions when it isn’t even my problem to begin with.

The truth is, I hope I could learn to open up again without holding on to the broken pieces that harm me. I hope I can let someone whisper by my ear to tell me that I don’t have to be the strong one, and that I don’t have to worry about breaking apart because they will help me put back the broken pieces and begin again. The truth is, I just never had the courage to open up again, to love again, to feel again. But this life of mine was fated to not have a wonderful ending on relationships, and if I were to experienced heartbreak for the rest of my life, I would rather choose not to love again.