Numbness is as horrible as feeling too much

There are nights when I feel alone and I crave for someone to cuddle up to. But in reality, I have distant myself from love that I have forgotten what it’s like to feel happy, to have something to look forward to, to have someone to laugh at random crazy jokes, I think of the time when my heart is not numb, then I realized I could never get back to where it all started. I can’t remember the last time I want to run into someone’s arm when I feel like breaking apart, I can’t remember the time my heart flatters when I see the messages pop-up on the screen, I can’t remember the last time my heart ever feels again.

I wish I could turn on my emotions so that I could finally feel okay again. But experiencing numbness is just as horrible as feeling too much. I questioned myself that night after having dinner with him; I suddenly recall the day before where I have had a very horribly bad and exhausted day. I recall that moment where my back is breaking apart and I wish someone could just magically transport me to where I am driving to; the weather was bad, one part of my sweep broke apart, the trees fell off right before I drove pass right in the middle of the road, and the jam was absolutely draining all the energy.

I question myself on why I never wanted to rant my day over to someone. I sat by the room windows looking into my journal, it was scribbled in it on the yesterday’s story but I look into my phone at our conversation and I couldn’t find one word that came out from me. And we were having conversations continuously but I couldn’t find my desire to want to rant my days with anyone. I know I’m blessed enough to be surrounded by people who cares, who wants to be part of my mental health days.

But I wouldn’t understand why I never felt like ranting my days over to anyone than my journal. I guess I have come to the point that feeling numbness is the one and only way to save myself.