We are still a Mistake


Cliché as it may sound, you never changed a bit. You really are great. You are the perfect combination of a nice guy. Fairly, I thought the second chances we had; was to give my heart a chance to feel again. But, destiny is ironic – it always gives us things we look for at the moment we least expect it. I could spend the whole day with you; or go on dates after dates; dinners, movies, parks; but one thing is for sure, I felt like spending time with someone is like a chore and it’s suffocating.

It’s not you, my heart still battles when it comes to feelings. I knew it because you’re not the only person who is trying to win my heart here. And I can’t even be bothered to give any chances to anyone. You were the closest I open up to, yet another cliché, I am still enjoying the state of me being alone.

I don’t have the obligation to send anyone text messages almost every hour, every day. I’m living a drama-free life for once after a long time. I am enjoying my state of stability. The feeling of relying on myself in every aspect makes me feel good, and I want to stay this way for a while, maybe for a long time. I don’t enjoy your company; in fact, I don’t enjoy company. It is not because you are not lovable, I AM. It’s not because I am still entangled in the past, ‘cause the ship has sailed long ago before I even board on. It has been almost five years now, and I’ve healed from the previous relationship, I’ve gone out on several dates, but I guess I am just destined to be alone for the rest of my lives.

I don’t want to be selfish by not reciprocating your love. And for now, I just can’t make you a priority right now.