Maybe this isn't just about being right

Maybe our story was given a second chance to rewrite but the ending still ends the same way where I am still the villain in your chapter. Maybe this is the only universe we ever get to exist in. And maybe I will never have the chance to make both of us right. Maybe I’ll never learn to swallow my heartbreak and keep it from jumping out of my chest. Maybe I am like the minimal percentage of the world population destined to be alone forever.

Maybe some people cross our paths to break us, and I’m sorry if I ever cross someone’s path and broke them. Or maybe people come into our lives for no reason other than coincidence. Because I treat a stranger with a smile more than with people I know. But maybe I don’t want that at all, maybe I just need to let go of everything and start over again. And I would have to learn to catch myself all over again. And maybe, just maybe, I can open up myself to make new friends, to say Hi to all my old friends again, to not wear a mask while I step out of the bedroom door.

But I know I will not be okay for a long time, and I already learned to live with it.