Brokenness isn't always Obvious

Sometimes I just want to disappear until I can come back and tell everyone that I’m repaired. I’m not broken anymore – I’ve found true love and happiness in myself. Other times I want to scream at the world because the brokenness is rearing its ugly head and I want to tell everyone what’s going on. Like a broken vase, you gain attention, yet no one ever comes near to clean the mess or put it back together. 

There are times that I think my brokenness makes me toxic, so I’ll avoid talking to anyone. I’ll stop responding to texts, stop responding to calls, stop going out anywhere at a risk that I can run into anyone. I don’t even want to leave the room because it means running into people that you’ve to put on the mask on. I’ll just stay in the room and lye on bed for the rest of the day. Yet there are days when I am stronger than my brokenness that I’ll force myself out and start doing on things.

Some days it’s easier; some days it just breaks me all over again. Other times I just want to get out of this place, get out of this country, choosing somewhere on the map and just going – eventually realizing that I couldn’t quite afford to do that. I know that I have to keep going no matter what, I have to keep walking, I have to keep forcing myself to move. I can always take a step outside, rather I always hide deeper inside so no one could see.

I’ve always been the one to cling onto the past and hope that if I stay in the past then the nostalgic feeling will become reality. Yet, what I really want to do is find a place that I can be truly happy for the rest of my lives.