I am sorry I can't trust

I wish I could turn back in time and find back every broken piece of me that I lose. I wish I could learn to trust again without having ten thousand doubts in me if I am going to break another person or have my heart broken again. I hope I can make you understand, at the very least, why I want so badly to trust you, with no doubts but I can’t.

I’ve had my heart broken few times throughout my life, and I believe we all do. Most of us learn very young that the world isn’t too much of a kind place but I would also want to remind myself it won’t always be like this. I remind myself every night that I don’t want to close myself off only to miss the opportunity to find the right one. But each time, I only come back more wounded, chipping away my capacity to love.

I used to believe in love whole-heartedly, I believe that fairytale dream will come true and I could have a Happily Ever After when I meet the right one, but I met the first one, second one, third one and these guys has changed me in every way. They took me on a roller-coaster ride of surprises and happiness, joy and laughter, and they took off my insecurities and let my heart out to doubt; little did I know that my biggest regret will forever be letting out my heart to trust.

I never really know how to open up my heart to trust but when they left I spend countless hours, days, months and years wondering what I could’ve done differently to make them stay. I wasn’t good enough, I never was. I never was good enough for relationships, I never was good enough for my family, I never was good enough for anything. I’ll tell people to open their heart to love whole-heartedly, but I don’t. In my head, I know I don’t believe any of these anymore, and everything was my fault.

I know it’s impossible for me to open up to someone again, and I’ve tried. So when you tell me you’re falling for me, I’m sorry if I push away. When you try to ask me out, I’m sorry I stuck you behind my schedule. It’s hard for me to be out there whole-heartedly with the broken pieces living inside of me. I wish I could take back the innocence before I fell, but I am just ruined and damaged.

I’m sorry I became someone I never wanted to be.