I get tired of responsibilities

Sometimes I get tired of my responsibilities; I get tired of taking care of myself all the time and picking myself up after being knock down again and again. I forget about the appointments and the bills I have to pay. I get tired of the independent life that I chose to live; I get tired of everyone’s expectations and the number of people counting on me. I get tired of it all but I can’t find the courage to ask for help because the world simply expects us to be fine without any help.

I get tired of being the man and the woman in my own life, I don’t want to be my own hero. I’ve learn to master the skill on how to save my own day, lift myself up, be my own best friend and sometimes my own cheerleader but I want to remember what it’s like to have someone do that for me every once in a while.

I would never know what it is like to be supported, to have the comfort of having a man to lean on, a man reminding me that I don’t have to be strong and I don’t have to hold it in only to have my depression eating me up. I break down, I’ve had those moments when I can no longer handle the shit and everything else is breaking apart. I have days that I just simply can’t get out of bed because my heart is too heavy, when I can’t think clearly anymore because my minds are scattered and my thoughts are messed up. When everything I’ve ever worked for is falling apart and when I feel like my strength is often a curse, not a blessing.

I need someone to lead the way, to have life slow down so I can recharge my battery to keep going. I need to feel like I’m a human being, not just robots expected to always be fine and do things right and walk away and stay positive. I feel drained, I get tired a lot of time because it isn’t something I was born with, it was forcefully develop because of all the hardships I had to face and all the challenges I had to overcome and all the heartbreaks I had to endure.

When the night falls, I wish I could turn back in time to undo all these so that I could become the person I was before the world taught me to become someone else, before the world taught me the art of being alone because people leave and counting on them would only lead to disappointment.