We Went Through All That Just To Be Strangers Again


“We went through all that just to be strangers again”.

I found myself looking back, contemplating if I broke someone. On the other hand, my mind screamed, "I knew better from day one, but I still didn’t make it on time to stop the story from rolling till today”. Imagine making a series of conscious decisions of choosing to walk away but never really taking the courage to do so. A relationship of blunt toxicity and constant mending.

I wasn’t okay with it and I knew it, because in the end, you still decide that it was me. Therefore I’ve to wait, to wait till the day you’re certain it isn’t going to me. But somewhere in the middle, I grew tired, I grew tired of waiting for you to get the message, I grew tired of attending to a conversation you thought was funny, I grew tired of making plans because the more I hang-out with you, the more clear I got that you’re not the person I want to spend the rest of my lives with.

It takes you, the whole of you, to acknowledge that perhaps you are just settling to stay together without considering how else if affect us two. You chose to work on it but like a puncture tyre, you’re not able to go far, you’re not able to go smooth. Surely, I find myself having second thoughts considering that I went all through that just to be strangers again, but maybe we are misinterpreting what we faced at when actually we’ve lost touch and stopped growing that in fact, we’re strangers again because we went through all that.